Sunday, January 24, 2010

Creative Weekend

It has been a creative theme here this weekend! Avery had a school project to complete for the month of February. We were given a green heart to decorate with photographs, drawings, etc. I made Avery a few cut outs since she loves to glue and pat the paper on. All the hearts will be displayed at the Malvern School for the month of February. Avery is such an artist! We went to Michaels yesterday and bought a few new art items for her to use in her art bin! Ofcourse she picked silver glitter to shake (I am groaning just thinking about THAT cleanup). At least we'll be busy while we are inside this chilly winter.




I was also busy working on one of my new year's resolutions. I made a layer cake. Yes, it was a box mix but I did use homemade buttercream frosting (yum). I told Scott I'd bake him a nice cake for his birthday (May); he's always dreaming about cake for a midnight snack. This was a trial run. Real one will include a homemade cake batter. I got some help from my latest Williams Sonoma purchase: Tools and Techniques. I also have to give kudos to Alicia who introduced me to the angled icing utensil. I love this item! The suggestion to bake the cake at 325 instead of 350 was also a hit! The cake is tonight's dessert following a family tradition recipe for veal parmesan. I'll post that later this week!


3 comments:

Heather said...

The heart turned out great! Good job Avery!
Yum on the cake. If you have slice left over, send it my way. For the baby, of course, not me :-)

Felicita said...

The heart is adorable! Go Avery!

linzypooh49 said...

If you need baking advice and recipies try this website! Love it all! http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin