Sunday, January 31, 2010

Real life Nancy Drew

Well, 2010 has started out, um interesting. In January I've been busy being the real life Nancy Drew. In between sleuthing I've been mom, wife, behavior analyst, housekeeper, chef, driver (I'm not sure about the housekeeper part) and not necessarily in that order :( Now that my mystery has been solved and the unsub caught (yes, I watch Criminal Minds) I can distribute my time more efficiently. My ambitious toddler and 3 work contracts will keep me uber busy. I have been keeping a running tab of all the emails, phone & house calls I have to make; I haven't forgotten. The next 2 saturdays I'll be downtown at Spool (woo hoo) and my sister is babysitting Avery on Valentine's Day so we can . . . do the book keeping for our taxes (exciting huh). I realize being really busy at this moment is just a phase and it too will pass. No judgments please. Avery is busy making valentine cards for all her classmates! It is quite a process; keeps her busy and out of trouble. I'll have an Avery update this week, promise!

Quick, healthy, tasty recipe:

Pineapple-Mango Smoothie (makes 3-4 servings)
1-1.5 cups frozen mango
1-1.5 cups frozen pineapple
1/4 cup or more milk
2 containers of vanilla yogurt
drizzle of honey
a few shakes of cinnamon
Puree in blender

ps check out the backgrounds and headers from The Background Fairy. For some reason I could not get her 3 column background to upload correctly on my blog so I'll keep working on that because her backgrounds are really neat! I briefly had a header up from her site and I will plan on using them more often! My valentine's decor is from: The Cutest Blog on the Block. I could not resist!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oooh, that smoothie recipe sounds uber-yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin